My People Group is Returning!
Summer is coming to a close and the students come back soon! I’m a campus missionary and my people group, college students, are returning or starting their first year in college. It’s an exciting time for reconnecting with our returnees and making new connections. It’s a fresh, new start for all. We’re praying that it’s a spiritual fresh start, a spiritual new birth, for many on this campus. I have the words of Jesus in my mind, “you must be born again.” Please pray with us that, indeed, we would see many lives transformed by His saving grace. An old Petra song, Prayer, has some great lyrics that I’m praying:
“Let me be the evidence of what Your grace can do
To a generation struggling to find themselves in You
May they come to know the love of God
May their eyes be made to see
Give me the opportunity to share the truth that sets them free”
Key events to pray for:
- International Student Orientation – August 15, 16, 19, 20 – our partner church, Campus Community Church, will be making contact with international students during those days.
- Student Leaders’ Dinner and Planning – Monday, August 19th.
- Challenge Welcome Party – Friday, August 23rd.
- First Day of Classes – Monday, August 26th.
- First Challenge Night – Thursday, August 29th.
One of my biggest personal prayer requests is for me to be able persevere in the heat. For some reason August just feels hotter than it used to be and we’re going to be out in it. Thanks so much!
Highlights from July
- We finished up Summer Challenge with our last night having 25 attend! This is just a great number for the summer and hopefully it helps us get momentum going for the Fall.
- We had around 45 women attend the 22nd St. Baptist Church Women’s Retreat I was privileged to speak at. The topic was Broken and Restored and I loved sharing the stories of the woman caught in adultery and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Both are incredible stories of how God showed up in the midst of harsh circumstances and how He continues to show up for us.